Copper cookware and pans have proven to be the best over the past 9000years. Any meal can be prepared in a perfect and a gentle way without the fear of burning on sticking the food on the copper cookware. This is because they are the best pans and pots for roasting and cooking due to their excellent thermal conductivity which enables for spreading the heat evenly to all sides of the cookware. Many chefs consider pans for cooking delicate sauces that need to be cooked at a controlled temperature. Therefore, there are a few properties to consider when choosing the best pan for your kitchen.
THE BEST PAN TO CONSIDER FOR YOUR KITCHEN
When considering the best grill pan for your kitchen, there are a few things to consider before concluding on the pan to use on your kitchen,
Most copper chef pans are made up of cast iron, ceramics and stainless steel. Most of these materials can retain heat at high temperature. Each of this material have a role to play to the copper pans. For example, the non-stick surface of the copper pan prevents food from sticking to the pan when cooking. At the same time, you won’t need any oiling when frying or baking.
You can read more about copper pans on http://redcopperpan-reviews.com/
The handle of the grill pan
Grill pans handle should be a bit longer to prevent your fingers and hands from burning when cooking. However very long handle adds unnecessary heaviness and vastness to the pan. Therefore, when choosing your pan, choose the one with an appropriate handle length and a loop opposite to aid lift the pans to avoid burning yourself.
The Shape of The Pan
Majority of this pans are square in shape and are prepared of heat conductive cast iron. Most of grilled foodstuff needs to be prepared in a way, therefore the square shape offers more surface area while the corners keep the heat during cooking.
The Size of The Pan
Finding the right size of the grill pan will depend on several factors. This may include, the approximate number of people you are likely to cook to. You are likely to need a smaller pan when alone and a larger pan when you are having visitors often. We also consider the meal you like to grill. From this, we can consider a pan that is likely to match our interests.
Some copper and brass pans have coatings with other metals to prevent food from getting into contact with copper. Therefore, it is of importance to buy grill pans with durable grates as possible. This is because over time under excessive heat, the grates break down and allow copper to dissolve in food. Therefore, durable grates to consider are the ones made of heavy cast iron because of their ability to grasp a lot of heat and dispense it evenly.
The cooking surfaces
When buying your grill pan, always consider the surface of the pan. Therefore, when choosing the aluminium or stainless coated pan, choose the one that is easy to clean.
There are other features that are helpful other than this. This includes the side burners, sear burner and the baffle systems. Each of these features have a role to play on the grill pan. The side burner gives an opportunity of cooking matching dishes, for people who likes brochette cooking, the pans with the sear burners is the best. The baffle systems maintain the grills cleanliness and restrain food from falling onto the burner.
HOW TO CLEAN COPPER
Cleaning copper can be quite the hassle and would make you give up. This cleaning is associated with several theories. For instance, the New York times points out the risks associate with poor cleaning of the pan. This can be harmful to your health and may cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. Therefore, when you want to maintain the quality of the copper pans, it is important to maintain regular cleaning. This has a lot of benefits to the copper pots, pans and other cookware. The following are the ways on how to clean copper pans for future durability.
Now, for the optimum durability it’ s important that you buy the best copper grill pan.
- Place the pan in the sink and coat it in salt. Using a soft sponge and a dish soap to wash your copper pan is not enough because copper tarnishes naturally over time. To polish it, coat the exterior of the pan with salt, lemon juice or baking soda. This helps brings out the extra ordinary brightness and shininess of your cookware.
- Pour white wine vinegar over the salt, then add more salt on top. To the salt on the pan, add white vinegar. The white vinegar has got a variety of household uses other than cleaning of copper. Use more salt on the pan after adding the white vinegar.
- Leave for 15 seconds and watch it start working Leaving the pan for about 15 second brings about a noticeable magic happening to the pan. This combination of white vinegar, salt and probably the baking soda is very powerful. Therefore, those who use this material are very certain of noticing a chemical reaction that is superior and ultimate change to the original state of the copper pan.
- Pour white vinegar to your sponge then proceed to scrub. There is no complete cleaning without scrubbing, therefore adding the white vinegar to the sponge helps the copper cookware to brighten up soon enough.
- Add salt to the sides, scrub with sponge. In the case of stainless-steel copper, the frequently made mistake by most people is scrubbing the cooked-on residue with salt. However, when rinsed thoroughly, there is no harm at all. Therefore, its recommended to use additional salt on the external sides of the pan to scrub it vigorously.
- Rinse off your copper pan with water, you are done! This is the final step and it may appear the easiest because all you need to do is to just to rinse your copper pan with water. This will give out an immaculate copper pan that will bring out its original appearance.
Considering this method, it is important to note that there are broad ranges of copper cleaning methods that will empower you for cleaning copper cookware. This is one of the methods that has been considered the best when it comes to cleaning of your copper pan.